The construct it has, the meaning it carries are unmatchable and not to be found in any other book of the world. In addition to the depth of meaning that the verses of Quran carry, there is also its sublime language that it makes it apart from any of the writings in the world in general and Arabic in particular. The Noble Quran is the Divine book towards which Muslims turn when they face any problem because the Quran has the solution to every problem and it is the guidance for all aspects of life.
Allah Almighty said about Quran: “This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon [the pious].” (Quran, 2:2)
Quran recitation brings many rewards and blessings from Allah (SWT). Muslims will earn great rewards for reciting the Quran and implementing it in their daily life routine. In Hadith Prophet Muhammad (SAW) stated that: “Whoever recites ten Ayahs (verses) in Qiyaam will not be recorded as one of the forgetful. Whoever recites a hundred Ayahs (verses) in Qiyaam will be recorded as one of the devout, and whoever prays a thousand Ayahs (verses) in Qiyaam will be recorded as one of the muqantareen (those who pile up good deeds).” (Abu Dawood)
The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has declared the importance of learning the Quran in the hadith: “The one who reads a single letter from the Book of Allah will be rewarded with one good deed. (Know that) A good deed is multiplied ten times over. I do not say Alif Laam Meem is one letter. Verily, Alif is one letter, Laam is one letter, Meem is one letter.” (Tirmidhi)
10 Reasons to Learn Quran
We should learn the Holy Quran because it is our religious duty and also due to many other reasons that mentioned below:
1. Source of Guidance: The Holy Quran is a source of guidance for all mankind. Reading or learning the Quran will help you to find direction in your life and Allah Almighty has promised mankind that the effect of reading and understanding the Quran is to: “take mankind from the depths of darkness to light”
(Quran, 14:1) and “guides them to the ways of peace” (Quran, 5:16)
2. Intercessor on the Day of Judgment: The Holy Quran will intercede on the Day of Judgment. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said that: “Read the Quran, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions.” (Muslim)
3. To Understand the Purpose of Existence: If someone ever thought about the purpose of his/her existence then just open the Holy Quran and read from it. The Quran will give insight into how to live with a purpose to serve Almighty Allah and many verses of the Noble Quran speak about the origins of the existence of human being and this Universe. In the Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says: “He created death and life to test you as to which of you is best in deed.” (Quran, 67:2)
4. Learn about the Religion Islam: We should learn about our religion Islam from the Holy Quran as it is pure, the unchanged message from Allah (SWT), nothing has been added, removed, and changed from it because Quran is the words of Allah. In the Holy Quran Allah (SWT) says: “And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.” (Quran, 6:115)
5. Chance of Communication to the Lord: Quran recitation can be made attractive and in doing so it can initiate a sort of conversation with Allah Almighty. The example of which can be seen in the form of the way Prophet (SAW) read Quran: “And when He (Prophet) recited the verses which referred to the Glory of Allah, He glorified Him, the Great, and when He recited the verses that mention supplication, He supplicated, and when He recited the Verses that mention seeking Refuge of the Rabb He sought (His) refuge” (Muslim).
6. Quran will lead to Paradise: Learn Quran as it’s recitation will lead all of them who recited it regularly to paradise. Our beloved Prophet (SAW) stated: “The Quran is an intercessor, something gave permission to intercede, and it is rightfully believed in. Whoever puts it in front of him, it will lead him to Paradise; whoever puts it behind him, it will steer him to the Hellfire.”
7. Learn Quran to be from the Best People: If you want to be the ones who are best in the eyes of Allah then teach Quran others and learn it too. In hadith, our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “The best of you are the ones who learn the Quran and teach it to others.” (Bukhari)
8. Purification of Heart: When a Muslim recites Quran, it affects the heart and purifies it by cleaning it from all the impurities that stick on it. Allah Almighty says in the Quran: “O mankind! There hath come to you an admonition from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts and for those who believe a Guidance and Mercy.” (Quran, 10:57)
9. Find out about the Hereafter: This worldly life does not end at death. There is a life after death (hereafter) that will be forever. The Holy Quran will teach you about the hereafter and you can read all about the amazing privileges and beauty of paradise that Allah (SWT) has promised for believers.
10. Learn Quran to increase your Faith (Iman): Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran: “And when a surah is revealed, some of them ask “which of you did this increase him in Iman?”. As for the ones who believe, it increased them in Iman and they rejoice.” (Quran, 9:124)