By Abu Zainab
Below are 15 motivational verses from the Quran for when we need it, and of course we need it all the time in our lives.
We all need a little motivation from time to time, because life can sometimes bring happiness as well as sorrows. Allah (swt) who has created us knows our nature very well. It is why you’ll find many verses in the Quran that deal with our natural inclinations and bring us peace when it’s most needed.
Even our beloved Prophet (saw) needed motivation at times, I’ll list a few so that we can ponder over it and bring the contentment back in our hearts and minds.
It is a fact that the brings peace in the heart. It is better to ponder over the verses to bring us even closer to Allah (swt). You can look up to see in which context the verses were revealed to get a better understanding.
I’ve carefully selected a few verses here, so if you are feeling sad, lonely or are experiencing some difficult times I hope these verses will help you lift yourself.
Motivational Verses from the Qur'an
1. Is there any reward for good other than good?
2. No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things.
3. Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
4. … And whoever holds firmly to Allah has [indeed] been guided to a straight path.
5. Say, He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
6. And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.
7. And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allah, nor you would then be helped.
8. And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
9. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
10. And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah].
11.O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.
12. O you who believe! be patient and excel in patience and remain steadfast, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, that you may be successful.
13. Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, “When (will come) the Help of Allah?” Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!
14. Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you]. And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life]. And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied.
15. And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient.
When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes, Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.
I hope these verses will help you gain peace in your hearts and minds. Please share among your friends and family so that we all may benefit from the words of Allah (swt) and gain more rewards.