Most of the Muslims complain that they don’t have enough time to devote to the memorization of the Quran due to their hectic daily life routine. Quran memorization is a spiritual and physical project that is a little bit difficult for those who just want to start it with the hectic schedule. If someone wants to memorize the Holy Quran then it’s a miracle and blessing from Allah on a person who wants to absorb the Quran in his/her heart.
Tips for Memorizing the Holy Quran
Below mentioned are some practical tips that greatly aid in memorizing the Quran and have been suggested by those who have successfully memorized the Quran by following them:
1. Intention: First of all you have to pay attention to your intention that is the purpose of memorization of the Holy Quran should be to please Allah Almighty. Your intention should not show off in front of others that you have memorized a lot.
2. Rise Early in the Morning: Be the first to wake up and offer Fajr prayer first in the mosque. When you are done with the early Morning Prayer, spend several minutes memorizing the Quran.
3. Make Consistency: The more frequently you memorize, the easier it becomes. It is very essential to be consistent, and not to skip even one day. There is no weekend in worship. So make your habit to memorize Quran daily as much as you can easily.
4. Learn with Understanding: An important thing that greatly aids the process of memorizing the Quran is to understand the meaning of the verses one is memorizing, and know how they are linked to each other. It is important to recite the Quran with proper understanding.
5. Recite What you Memorize in Every Salah: In order to further cement what you are learning into memory, you can recite every day verses in the five daily prayers.
6. Surround yourself with Quran Recitation:
Listen to the Quran before you start memorizes it. So that you come to know what you are about to memorize.
7. Recite Quran to Others: It is very common for one to make mistakes while memorizing a Surah, without realizing it even when one looks at the Mushaf. Make sure to have a companion or teacher who can listen to your recitation.
8. Distraction Free Environment: It is best to memorize the Quran in an isolated place with little or no distraction at all. By ensuring that the environment is quiet, you will be able to increase focus and thus be able to retain what you memorize.
9. Make Dua: Make Dua for remembrance and Allah’s blessings. Fortunately, there is a Dua at the end of every Quran that you can recite every time before ending your Quran sessions.
Try and implement the above-mentioned tips, you will be able to memorize the Quran over a period of time Insha Allah.