There is no way to know
Allah except by knowing His Most Beautiful Names and seeking a proper
understanding of their meanings.
a person involves himself with learning about Allah Almighty, he is
doing what he was created for, but if he ignores the matter, he is
neglecting what he was created for. We as a Muslim should make the
effort to learn about Allah through His beautiful Names and Attributes.
The more we learn about our Lord, the more we increase in faith on Allah
Our beloved Prophet (SAW) said the following about the Asmaul Husna: “Allah has 99 names. Whoever memorizes and embraces (ihsa) these qualities will enter heaven” (Bukhari). The verse of Holy Quran “The
most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on Him by them; but shun
such men as use profanity in His names: for what they do, they will soon
be requited” (Surah al-Araf, verse 180). The above verse warns
us that attaching meanings that are not right to the Creator and
comparing other things with Allah Almighty or giving attributes which
describe His names to anything other than Him is seen as “going down the wrong path with regard to the Asmaul Husna.”
as a Muslims believe that the Asmaul Husna have so many benefits for
us. Muslims recite Allah’s names daily in their Salah for the
protection, good health, comfort, wealth etc.
99 Names of Allah with Benefits
Below we will discuss 99 Names of Allah and their benefits:
someone recites this name of Allah 1000 times daily, Allah will remove
all doubts and uncertainties from your heart and impart determination
- Ar-Rahman: Who
repeat this name 100 times after each fard (Obligatory) prayer will
have a good memory, a keen awareness, and be free of a heavy heart.
- Ar-Rahim: Who
repeats this name 100 times after each Fajr prayer will find everyone
to be friendly towards him and he will be safe from all worldly
- Al-Malik: He who repeats this name many times every day after the Fajr prayer will become rich by the grace of Allah.
- Al-Quddus: Agitation never comes close if someone recites it 100 times every day.
- As-Salam: He,
who repeats this name 160 times to a sick person, will help him to
regain He who repeats this name frequently will be safe from all
- Al-Mumin: Who repeats this name 631 times will be safe from harm.
- Al-Muhaymin: He
who takes bath and offers two rakats of prayer and repeats this Name
100 times with sincere concentration, Allah will purify his external as
well as internal condition.
- Al-Aziz: He who repeats this Name 41 times after each Fard prayer will be independent of need from others and gain honor after disgrace.
- Al-Jabbar: He
who repeats this Name will not be compelled to do anything against his
wishes, and will not be exposed to violence, severity or hardness.
- Al-Mutakabbir: He
who repeats this Name frequently will be granted status and respect. If
He repeats this Name frequently at the commencement of every act, He
will achieve success by the grace of Allah.
- Al-Khaliq: Allah
will assign an angel to guide the person righteously if he recites this
name 100 times continuously for a prescribed limit of 7 days.
- Al-Bari: This name only signifies that Allah created all things in proportion.
- Al-Musawwir: Recite
this name 21 times and do a Damm on water. Continue this for 7
consecutive days. Use the water for breaking the fast. Insha’Allah, the
women will soon be blessed with a child.
- Al-Ghaffar: He who repeats this Name will be forgiven his sins.
- Al-Qahhar: The
soul of him who repeats this Name will conquer the desires of the
flesh, and his heart will be made free from the attractions of the world
and gain inner peace. This Name also frees one from being wronged.
- Al-Wahhab: Reciting
it frequently will remove poverty. Reciting it 40 times in the last
Sajadah of Chasht prayer will relieve the person from starvation.
- Ar-Razzaq: He who repeats this Name will be provided with sustenance by Allah.
- Al-Fattah: The heart of him who repeats this Name will be open, and he will be given victory.
- Al-Alim: He who repeats this Name, his heart will become luminous, revealing divine light.
- Al-Qabid: He who recite this name on 4 pieces of food (fruit, bread, etc.) and eats them for 40 days will be free from hunger.
- Al-Basit: He
who repeats this Name 10 times after Chasht prayer with open hands
(palms up), then rubs his face with his hands, will be free of need from
- Al-Khafid: Those
who fast three days, and on the fourth day repeat this Name 70 times in
a gathering, Allah will free them from harm by their enemy. Allah will
fulfill the need of one who repeats this Name 500 times daily.
- Ar-Rafi: He
who repeats this Name 101 times day and night, Allah will make him
higher, as far as honor, richness, and merit are concerned.
- Al-Muizz: He
who repeats this name 140 times after Maghrib prayer on Monday or
Friday nights, Allah will make him dignified in the eyes of others. That
person will fear no one but Allah.
- Al-Mudhill: He
who repeats this Name 75 times will be free from harm by those who are
jealous of him and wish to harm him. Allah will protect him.
- As-Sami: He
who repeats this Name 500, 100 or 50 times without speaking to anyone
on Thursday after the chasht prayer, Allah will bestow on him anything
- Al-Basir: He
who repeats this Names 100 times after Friday afternoon prayer, Allah
will give this person light in his sight and enlighten his heart.
- Al-Hakam: He who repeats this Name many times at night, many secrets will be revealed to him.
- Al-Adl: On Friday night or day, if you write this Name on a piece of bread and eat it, people will obey you.
- Al-Latif: He
who repeats this Name 133 times daily will have an increase in his
sustenance and all his affairs will be settled to his satisfaction.
- Al-Khabir: If a man is a victim of selfish desires and bad habits he will be relieved of these if he repeats this Name regularly.
- Al-Halim: He,
who writes this Name on a piece of paper, washes it with water and
sprinkles that water on anything that thing will become safe from loss
- Al-Azim: Those who repeat this Name many times will be respected.
- Al-Ghafur: He
who has a headache, fever and despondent, and continuously repeats this
Name will be relieved of his ailment and will have Allah’s forgiveness.
- Ash-Shakur: He who is afflicted with monitory troubles or with any other calamity and suffering, if he repeats this Name 41 times daily.
- Al-Ali: He
who repeats this Name regularly and keep it with him after writing it
on a piece of paper will attain high rank, affluence, and success in his
- Al-Kabir: He who repeats this Name 100 times each day will have esteem.
- Al-Hafiz: He who repeats this Name frequently and keeps it with him will be protected against calamities.
- Al-Muqit: If
someone with a bad mannered child repeats this Name into a glass of
water, and gives this water to the child to drink, the child will have
- Al-Hasib: He who faces any problem should repeat this Name many times.
- Al-Jalil: He
who writes this Name on a piece of paper with musk and saffron and
keeps it with him and repeats this Name frequently will attain honor and
- Al-Karim: He
who repeats this Name many times at bedtime will have esteem in this
world (and the Hereafter among the learned and righteous people).
- Ar-Raqib: Who repeats this Name seven times on himself, his family and property, all will be under Allah’s protection.
- Al-Mujib: The appeal of him who repeats this Name will be answered.
- Al-Wasi: If one who has difficulty in earning, repeats this Name frequently, will have good earnings.
- Al-Hakim: He
who repeats this Name continuously (from time to time) will not have
difficulties in his work, and Allah will open to him the door of wisdom.
- Al-Wadud: This
name helps in resolving a disagreement between two people if one gives
the other person food after reciting this name 1000 times in his food.
- Al-Majíd: He who repeats this Name gains glory.
- Al-Baith: He who repeats this Name gains the fear of Allah.
- Ash-Shahid: Recite this name 21 times with the hand placed on the head of the disobedient person. Insha’Allah, he will become obedient.
- Al-Haqq: If one has something and repeats this Name, he will find what is lost.
- Al-Wakil: He
who is afraid of drowning, being burnt in a fire, or any similar
danger, and repeats this Name continuously (from time to time), will be
under the protection of Allah.
- Al-Qawi: He
who cannot defeat his enemy, and repeats this Name with the intention
of not being harmed, will be free from his enemy’s harm.
- Al-Matin: If one has troubles and repeats this Name, his troubles will disappear.
- Al-Wali: He who repeats this Name is likely to be a walyullah, the friend of Allah.
- Al-Hamid: He who repeats this Name will be loved and praised.
- Al-Muhsi: He who is afraid of being questioned on the Judgment Day, and repeats this Name 100 times daily, will have ease and clement.
- Al-Mubdi: If this name is repeated and breathed towards a pregnant woman who is afraid of aborting, she will be free of danger.
- Al-Muid: If this name is repeated 70 times for someone who is away from his family, that person will return safely in seven days.
- Al-Muhyi: If a person has a heavy burden and repeats this name seven times each day, his burden will be taken away.
- Al-Mumit: This name is repeated to destroy one’s enemy.
- Al-Hayy: He who repeats this Name will have a long life.
- Al-Qayyum: He who repeats this Name will not fall into inadvertency.
- Al-Wajid: He who repeats this name will have the richness of heart.
- Al-Majid: He who repeats this Name in privacy and sincerely, his heart will be enlightened.
- Al-Wahid: He who repeats this name 1000 times in privacy and in a quiet place will be free from fear and delusion.
- Al-Ahad: He who repeats this name 1000 times will have certain secrets opened to him.
- As-Samad: He
who repeats this name many times, Allah will provide his need, and as
result, he will not need others, but they will need him.
- Al-Qadir: He who repeats this name, all his desires will be fulfilled.
- Al-Muqtadir: He who repeats this name will be aware of the truth.
- Al-Muqaddim: He
who repeats this name on the battlefield, or who has fear of being
alone in an awe-inspiring place, no harm will come to him and will
become obedient to Allah.
- Al-Muakhkhir: He who repeats this name in the heart 100 times each day, only love of Allah will remain. No other love can enter.
- Al-Awwal: A
childless person will be blessed with a child if he repeats this name
40 times daily for 40 days. If a traveler repeats it 1000 times on a
Friday he will reach home safe and sound.
- Al-Akhir: He who repeats this name many times will lead a good life and at the end of this life will have a good death.
- Az-Zahir: He who recites this name 15 times after Friday (Jumma prayer) divine light will enter his heart.
- Al-Batin: He who repeats this name three times each day will be able to see the truth in things.
- Al-Walí: He who repeats this name and breathes it into his house, his house will be free from danger.
- Al-Mutaali: He who repeats this name many times will gain the benevolence of Allah.
- Al-Barr: He who repeats this name to his child, this child will be free from misfortune.
- At-Tawwab: He who repeats this name many times, his repentance will be accepted.
- Al-Muntaqim: He who repeats this name for 3 Fridays many times will be victorious against his enemies.
- Al-Afu: He who repeats this name many times, all his sins will be forgiven.
- Ar-Rauf: He who repeats this name many times will be blessed by Allah.
- Malik al-Mulk: He who repeats this name will have esteem among people.
- Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram: He, who repeats this name many times, will be rich.
- Al-Muqsit: He who repeats this name will be free from the harm of the devil.
- Al-Jami: He who repeats this name will find the things that he lost.
- Al-Ghani: He who repeats this name 70 times will be contented and not covetous and will not be needy.
- Al-Mughni: He who repeats this name 1000 times daily for ten Fridays will become self-sufficient.
- Al-Mani: One should repeat this name 20 times at bedtimes for a peaceful and happy family life.
- Ad-Darr: He
who does not enjoy peace and tranquility in life should repeat this
name 100 times on Friday nights. He will find peace and tranquility by
the grace of Allah.
- An-Nafi: He, who repeats this name 41 times at the beginning of every act, will be successful in all his good acts.
- An-Nur: Those who repeat this name will have an inner light.
- Al-Hadi: Ho who repeats 1100 times the sacred names “yahadi ihdinas-siratal-mustaqim” after the Isha prayer will be free from all needs.
- Al-Badi: He who is confronted by any distress or difficulty should repeat this name 70,000 times for relief from the distress.
- Al-Baqi: He who repeats this name every Friday night 100 times all his good deeds will be accepted, by the grace of Allah.
- Al-Warith: He, who repeats this name after sunrise 100 times, will be safe from all sorrows, by the grace of Allah.
- Ar-Rashid: He
who does not have the know-how about a particular task or unable to
work out plans for a certain task should repeat this name 1000 times
between Maghrib and Isha Prayer.
- As-Sabur: He, who is in any trouble, difficulty or sorrow and repeat this name 3000 times, will be rescued from his difficulty.