Before the Friday prayer, Muslims
listen to a lecture that is designed to permit them with important
knowledge about Islam, Prophets and Allah Almighty. Prophet (SAW) stated
that: “The best day in the sight of Allah Almighty is Friday, the day of the congregation” (Al-Bukhari).
As we know the congregation prayers is strongly emphasized in the
religion of Islam, so it is the Day on which Muslims in a large amount
as compared to other days gather together for the Friday Prayer.
In Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says about Friday Prayer in a way that: “Friday
Importance and Etiquettes “O ye who believe! When the call is
proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly
to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and trade): That is
best for you if you only knew!” (Quran, 62:9). From this verse,
we can understand the importance of Friday prayer that is when Muslim
hears the Adhan for Jummah Prayer he should close all the trade and any
business he is doing and should turn towards remembrance of Allah that
is Jummah Prayer. It is important that Muslims should not neglect the
prayer of Friday and also other obligatory five times a day prayers for
business or other worldly matters.
The Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “The
best day the sun rises over is Friday; on it Allah created Adam. On it,
he was made to enter paradise, on it he was expelled from it, and the
Last Hour will take place on no other day than Friday” (Tirmidhi).
Our beloved Prophet (PBUH) used to wear clean and new (washed) clothes,
used to take bath, used fragrance and also wear surmah for this day
that is Friday.
Preparations for Jummah Prayer
is known as the half faith of Muslim in the religion of Islam. It is
obligatory on every Muslim to be clean before offering prayer. There are
some preparations that every Muslim should prepare for Friday prayer
before going to the mosque.
- The first act to start with is to get purified by having a shower and also ablution should be performed.
- Dress yourself with clean clothes.
- The application of Itr (Perfume) is also one of the main things or you can apply Surma in your eyes as well.
- Maintaining dignity and not talking between the prayers is a kind of etiquette one should follow.
- Try to sit close to Imam If there is a place in the front rows of the Imam.
person should avoid stepping over people to get a particular spot in
the mosque. Try to sit where you find a place don’t disturb others.
Good Deeds of Friday
There are some good deeds that you should perform on this blessed day are mentioned below:
early from the house towards the mosque and waiting in the mosque for
the prayers to begin is one of the good deeds that Allah likes the most
- Give away alms to the poor and give charity in the name of Allah is considered to be a noble act.
- Greet your parents and take their blessings.
- Recitation of Surah Kahf on Friday has great reward and blessings.
- Listening to Friday Sermon is considered from one of the good deeds.
Blessings and Virtues of Friday Prayer
There are many benefits and virtues regarding Jummah Prayer some of them we will discuss below:
- According to Prophet Muhammad (SAW): “Whoever reads Surah Kahf on Fridays, there will be a bright light to shine for him between the two Fridays.” (Nasai).
From this hadith, we can conclude that there is an encouragement of
recitation of Surah Kahf on the Day of Friday. The recitation of this
Surah helps a Muslim seek the refuge of Allah and affirms their faith in
the support and assistance He provides.
the fact that every Muslim should supplicate whenever he or she finds
chance any day of the week, however, special days like Friday call for
special or excessive need of supplication. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said
in a hadith: “There
is no day more virtuous than Friday. There is such an hour in this day
that no Muslim will make dua in it except that his dua will be accepted.
And he does not seek protection from anything except that Allah will
grant him protection.”(Tirmidhi)
- Listen to Khutba or Sermon on Friday Prayer attentively. With regards to the Khutba of Friday, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “If
anyone performs Wudu (ablution) properly, then comes to the Friday
prayer, listens to the Khutba attentively and keeps silent, his (minor)
sins between the Friday and the following Friday will be forgiven, with
the addition of three more days; but he who touches pebbles has caused
an interruption.” (Muslim)
of Surah Jummah has many blessings. This Surah is recited especially on
this day as many times you can, as it increases your rewards and
- The day ofJummah includes an hour during which all supplications are accepted. Prophet (SAW) said: “On (the day of) Jummah is an hour during which Allah gives to a Muslim servant standing in prayer whatever he asks for.” (Al Bukhari)
- Hell is fired-up during every day of the week except Friday, as a mark of honor and respect for the day of Friday.
on Friday, during the day or night, is a sign of a good end, for the
one who dies on that day will be protected from the trial of the grave.
- The believers will see their Lord from Paradise on Friday. In Holy Quran Allah says: “Allah will appear to them on the day of Jummah.”(Quran, 50:35)
short, Friday is the most blessed days of the week in the Islamic
religion. Therefore, in order to observe this day in a rightful manner, a
Muslim must make sure that he or she makes special preparations that
make this day stand apart from the rest of the days of the week. Friday
is a day of congregation, a day of celebration and a day of
supplication. May Allah give us chance to offer Friday Prayer regularly
so that we can get all its blessings and rewards! Ameen